Phone: (914) 275-3106
Thank you for visiting our website. Here, you’ll find information about our worship services, ministries, events, and our mission. We invite you to learn more about Emmanuel and to join the conversation on our Facebook page.
E for Emergency
E for Essential
E for Everyone in Need
E for Every Day during the emergency
E for Emmanuel (A reminder that God Is With US!)
Starting on Monday, March 16, Emmanuel Lutheran Church will be distributing FREE bagged meals from its location at 69 West Broad St. Souderton.
10:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Monday through Saturday
Rear entrance on Lumber St (1 Block North of Broad St.)
We will distribute food to our neighbors with “no questions asked”. You do not have to demonstrate need to be served. We will limit distribution to no more than 4 bags per person, if picking up for a family, or a neighbor who cannot get out. We will also distribute bags of groceries that serve for families of 4 when available.
If you are blessed and don’t need a helping hand at this time, please consider donating food to the program, or volunteering to help assemble and distribute meals. We intend to provide this service to our neighbors each day until the crisis has lifted.
Please bring Donations to the church during the following hours:
Monday – Saturday 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
May God’s peace guide us and lead us through these perilous times and may God’s love guide us in serving our neighbors.
Pastor John +
Let’s Gather for Worship
For the first time since March
in our back parking area.
Here’s What You Need to Know
We will begin parking cars at 9:30 AM. Worship will begin at 10 AM.
Attendants will direct you where and how to park.
Set up for worship behind the car’s trunk or tailgate.
Bring your own comfort items (chairs, table, water, umbrella, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, facemask, etc.)
Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from anyone who is not part of your household.
It is July. It may be hot, so take precautions.
There will be a separate seating area for those who do not drive, or those who park in the main church lot. Please do bring your own seats.
We will have “Sunday’s Kids” activities planned during the worship service.
In case of inclement weather, an announcement will be made by Saturday at 6:00 PM. Online only worship if canceled.
If you are feeling ill or have a compromised immune system, please enjoy the service from home, watching it on Facebook Live.
Let’s enjoy our Fourth of July Weekend by giving thanks to God for our freedom in Christ.
As of Friday, June 26, Montgomery County has entered the “Green Phase” of the plan to reopen Pennsylvania. Of course – this is very good news as more businesses will be open, gatherings will be less restricted, people will return to work. But the color of green in this case doesn’t quite mean “hit the gas pedal and GO”. The Pandemic is not yet behind us. The Coronavirus remains a threat, and if you are following the news, you know that many states are experiencing an increase in cases after their “reopenings”. We still need to be mindful that the while the disease has been locally contained, it remains a threat to all. The survey we took earlier this month suggested that perhaps 90% of you are eager to return to in-person worship once we enter the “Green Phase”. What a wonderful affirmation of the value you place on worship and community. Please know that the Return to Worship Task Force is working hard to see that through – when it is safe to do so. I wish it were as simple as just opening the doors and gathering as we once did. We are allowed to gather in groups of up to 250 in the “Green Phase” but there are still some restrictions – and our own good sense – that we have to take under consideration. The Task Force has had two meetings and will be meeting again on Monday. We expect to make recommendations for a limited schedule of in-person worship to start sometime this summer. We may be able to share some of that with you next week. Meanwhile we are committed to having an outdoor, tailgate style worship on Sunday, July 5 at 10 AM. This would be held in the back parking lot. I have started to do some home visits, on a limited basis. It’s time. And I plan to do it safely. Unless there is a bigger problem, they will be outside, masks on, and limited to 20 minutes. One piece of good news is that I can offer the Lord’s Supper in a safe and controlled way.
Most of what follows is a reminder of what we’ve been doing to stay connected since March, with some small changes or additional information.
1. There will be no Emmanuel “office hours” until further notice. Kathie Afflerbach will be in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, but not for in-person work.
2. If you want to speak with Pastor John, please call Pastor John directly at 914-275-3106.
3. We will continue worship Services by live streaming or recorded video on our website or Facebook Page. The Sunday Schedule will continue as follows: Sunday’s Kids Online @ 9:30 AM, Sunday Worship @ 10AM, Online Coffee Hour @ 11:00 AM **Note time change**
4. We will begin to allow some small groups to meet starting July 1. We’ll be in touch with those groups to see how or when they’d like to resume activities.
5. The E-Meal Ministry has surpassed 19,000 meals served. Please remember that distribution hours are now Mon. – Sat. 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
6. We are in need of more E-Meal volunteers to cover packaging and distribution shifts. Now that we are in “Green Phase”, please consider stepping up to serve and sign up on our SignUpGenius page https://rb.gy/47vkgh
7. Thank you for keeping up your offerings. Electronic giving has more than doubled from pre-Covid tiems. If you haven’t enrolled, I invite you to do so by clicking this link.
8. Join me each day at 8AM (Mon-Sat) on Facebook, for a morning “GodCast”, a 5-10 minute devotional where we gather for prayer, scripture reading and reflection on God’s Word.
+Pastor John +
Education Hour (Adult Forum)
Education Hour (Adult Forum)
Worship with Holy Communion
New Path Recovery Worship Service
7 PM Refreshments & Fellowship
7:30 PM Worship & Conversation
3:30 PM Fellowship & Crafts
4:00 PM Worship
Healing Service with Intercessory Prayer
During 10:00 AM Worship
Phone: (914) 275-3106